BOARD CERTIFICATION IN HEALTH CARE QUALITY AND MANAGEMENT (HCQM) FOR PHYSICIANS, NURSES, AND OTHER HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
In an era of accountability, HCQM board certification demonstrates that ABQAURP Diplomates have the practical knowledge and the tools that can reduce medical errors, ensure patient safety, eliminate waste and unnecessary services, while avoiding potentially harmful delays in care. Certification demonstrates to internal and external entities that you, your group practice, or hospital is accountable. The result is a safer, more efficient and cost-effective system that better satisfies the needs of patients, providers, purchasers, and payers.
Professionals who have achieved certification in HCQM are deeply committed to patient safety, health care quality, and effective care. Those certified in HCQM demonstrate their superior ability to critically evaluate industry literature, identify evidence-based best practices, and make recommendations that balance appropriateness of health care services with cost and quality. HCQM Board Certification addresses the need for effectiveness, efficiency, equity, safety, and timeliness.
Acquiring the ABQAURP HCQM Board Certification demonstrates:
- Professional and personal commitment to the health care profession.
- Enhancement of skills and expertise to manage in today’s complex health care environment.
- Endorsement of skills exceeding the minimum requirements of a specific position.
- Willingness to benefit from educational accomplishments and increase knowledge.
Additional Sub-Specialty Certifications are available in the following categories:
- Case Management - CHCQM-CM
- Managed Care - CHCQM-MC
- Patient Safety / Risk Management - CHCQM-PSRM
- Physician Advisor (physicians only) - CHCQM-PHYADV
- Transitions of Care - CHCQM-TOC
- Workers’ Compensation - CHCQM-WC